Saturday, January 2, 2010

Start of a New Year!

My friend used to say that starting a new journal was like starting fresh. So this is my fresh start to this year. Over the past few months we've been busy with travel, sickness, holidays, a car accident, friends passing away, housing drama, plus all of the usual chaos of everyday life and work. Through all of these joys and sorrows, though, God has been ever so faithful to sustain and be the Rock that He is. The song 'it is well with my soul' rang true so many times, especially this last month. I know I am not facing what Spafford faced when he wrote that amazing hymn, but in the small trials and troubles I have daily, my soul sings it.
"whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say, it is well, it is well with my soul..." (Though I am still learning this, the joy that comes from knowing your soul is well and at peace with God, nothing else matters.)

Inger is doing all sorts of things these days. She is crawling like crazy, pulling herself up and walking along the couch or using her little walker. It's the funniest thing to see. She's pretty chatty and her personality is getting funnier and funnier.

We found out on Christmas that we are having another girl. They will be around 14 months apart and busy! She is 23 weeks old now and it's hard to believe that we are getting that much closer to seeing her itty bitty face.

No comments:

Post a Comment