Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Taking His Name...

I was reading in a book and part of it was talking on the covenant of marriage. This part really stuck out to me. I had always thought it was neat and kind of old fashion to address letters as Mrs. his name so and so. Not that I actually did it, in fact I thought it was king of out dated. Well, that is actually how God sees us. When God sees us (married that is), He sees our husband first. We are under him, part of him, one with him. So it is to His glory that we are taking our husbands name. And it is to His honor that we acknowledge that. It is the submissive beautiful covenant that God has bestowed on us. Another neat part of this that just came to my mind was thinking about how God, when He saves us, gives us a new name...His. And we are seen as in Christ. We don't have our fathers name anymore...the father of lies. We bear Christ's name! We are His bride and get to enjoy and reflect all that He is! So, when God views us, though we are sinful and wretched, Christ and His blood is what is seen. And Christ is perfect and righteous. So that is how God sees us. How amazing is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment